HTTP v/s HTTPS
What is HTTP ?
The full HTTP form is the Hypertext Transfer Protocol. HTTP provides a set of rules and standards that govern how any information can be transmitted to the World Wide Web. HTTP provides standard rules for web browsers and servers to communicate.
HTTP is an application layer network application built on top of TCP. HTTP uses structured Hypertext text that creates meaningful connections between nodes that contain text. It is also known as the “innumerable law” as each command is executed separately, without reference to the previous running command.
Advantages of HTTP
- HTTP can be done through another process on the Internet, or on other networks.
- HTTP pages are stored on computer and Internet cache, so they are available immediately.
- An independent platform that allows platform deployment.
- It does not require Runtime support.
- Useful over Firewalls! Global requests are possible.
- Not Connection Based; therefore there is no more network to build and maintain a session.
Drawbacks of HTTP
- There is no privacy as anyone can see the content
- Data integrity is as big a problem as someone can change the content. This is why the HTTP protocol is an unsafe method as no encryption methods are used.
- It is not clear who he is talking about. Anyone blocking the request can get a username and password.
What is HTTPS ?
HTTPS stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure. The most advanced and secure version of HTTP. Uses port no. 443 Data Communication. Allows secure transactions by encrypting all SSL communications. It is a combination of SSL / TLS protocol and HTTP. Provides encrypted and secure identification to the network server.
HTTP also allows you to create secure hidden connections between server and browser. It offers dual data targeted security. This helps you to protect information that could be sensitive to theft.
Advantages of HTTPS
- In most cases, sites that use HTTPS will have local redirects. Therefore, even if you type HTTP: // it will redirect you to https with a secure connection
- Allows users to perform secure e-commerce transactions, such as online banking.
SSL technology protects any users and builds trust
- The private authority verifies the identity of the certificate owner. Each SSL certificate therefore contains separate, verified information about the certificate owner. what is difference between http and https on website
Drawbacks of HTTPS
- HTTPS protocol cannot stop stealing personal information from pages stored in the browser.
- SSL data can only be encrypted during network transfer. It is therefore unable to erase the text in the browser memory
- HTTPS can elevate more than a computer and a network over an organization.
- HTTP has no secure encryption method and HTTPS provides an SSL or TLS Digital Certificate to protect the connection between the server and the client.
- HTTP works in Layer Application while HTTPS works in Transport Layer.
- HTTP is automatically activated in port 80 and HTTPS is automatically activated in port 443.
- HTTP transfers data in plain text while HTTPS transfers data in cipher text.
- HTTP is faster compared to HTTPS because HTTPS uses computer power to encrypt the connection channel.
Ytech Raj also provides web designing services at a very reasonable price with free SSL Certificate and we can also provide free domain and hosting if you really want to website for your business so you can contact us! we Provide the best design that can ring on the first page of Google.