WHAT IS Digital Marketing SEO?
To begin with, one might wonder what exactly SEO is?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is a process to boost or improve your site’s visibility at the searching platforms like Google, Safari, etc when people search for any product or service related to your business.
SEO in Digital Marketing
SEO in digital marketing is very important because with the help of SEO-friendly content on your site, not only will your business gather more attention with its improved and increased visibility on the search engines but will also be able to attract more prospective clients or customers to your venture.
SEO in Digital marketing is the new trend because of the free and targeted traffic get from google search.
IS SEO IMPORTANT FOR MARKETING?
The answer is a big YES.
- In today’s time, having SEO-friendly content on your site is of extreme importance to get your business in the public eye.
- SEO is a fundamental component of digital marketing.
- Given people across the globe make around a billion searches every minute and more often than not are looking to gain more information or knowledge about a particular product or service.
- This is exactly why greater visibility and a higher ranking on the searching network will help your business get the edge that is required in the market competition.
Types of SEO
Now that you have a brief understanding of what SEO is and how important it is for the digital marketing aspect of your venture, then let us proceed to the next step that is crucial for you to know in order to devise optimized SEO-friendly strategies which are compatible with your requirements, that is the different types of SEO.
There are 4 major types of SEO that you should be familiar with.
On-page SEO is also referred to as on-site SEO.
- On-site SEO is the process of optimizing the content that is present on your website.
- Website content includes the body of the write-up, the keyword headings, meta descriptions and title for your write-up, images, etc.
- Make sure your keywords are well researched and very much in context with the aim of your write-up, so as to ensure that your site can achieve a rank on search engines for the keywords and phrases you want it to.
- Another step to carry out this type of SEO efficiently is to ensure the optimisation of the metadata. Metadata is basically the feature that helps in giving an overview to the user/searchers to understand the type of content your website contains.
- Thus, make sure your metal titles and description incorporates the relevant and required keywords, to facilitate your website in achieving a better ranking on the search engine.
- Another step to ensure an efficient on-site SEO is to provide internal linking. Internal links are basically the URL that is attached to specific words that link other pages of your web which are related to that specific word you’ve linked the URL on.
- This process facilitates search engines to analyze your profile better, thus, resulting in a better ranking.
Off-Page SEO is also referred to as Off-site SEO.
- Off-Page SEO refers to a process within which steps to improve the ranking of your website in both, the eyes of the searcher in terms of credibility and the search engines, are taken outside of your website.
- It basically refers to the SEO marketing strategy that takes place away from your website to improve your site’s ranking by using the popularity and credibility of other actors or sites.
- Off-site SEO strategies include social media marketing strategies, for instance, you could collaborate with a popular influencer, who will in turn market the products or services offered by your venture.
- Therefore, the popularity of the influencer will indirectly help your venture get advertised to a vast mass of audience and will also achieve the desired credibility as the audience of the influencer would automatically trust the choice of their followed social media influencer advertising your venture.
- This makes it a win-win situation for everyone involved in the process.
This type of SEO is one that is continuously evolving and it is essential to keep up with these evolving changes.
- Technical SEO refers to a process that helps in the optimisation of your website, which helps the search engine spiders to crawl and index your site more efficiently.
- It facilitates the search engines to easily access, interpret, index, and crawl your website.
- Technical SEO is basically used to efficiently optimise the infrastructure of your website.
- This is exactly the reason why it is known as technical, as it has nothing to do with the content present on your site but it is only there to help with the better optimisation of the infrastructure of your site.
- If used correctly and efficiently it can:
- improve the organic ranking of your site
- Increase your website speed
- Improve the mobile-friendliness of your site
Local SEO is the most-sought to the type of SEO.
- This type of SEO strategy helps your venture in establishing a prominent presence in local search results on the search engines.
- Local SEO basically involves establishing a presence and promotion of your venture to the local customers, those who are in close proximity to the mentioned physical or geographical location of your business.
- This is because the search engine results are based on your business profile wherein your address, business description, and reviews are mentioned. Thus, when a user makes a search, the search engine will optimise the results according to the user’s search in terms of relevance and location.
- Along with targeting a specified set of audiences, local SEO is highly beneficial because most of the time the cost allocation towards it is zero, thus making it free of cost and if you pursue local SEO, it gives you a great opportunity to improve your rank locally.
- To pursue local SEO, you can start by claiming your Google My Business listing.
HOW CAN ONE WRITE SEO FRIENDLY CONTENT?
That, our dear reader is the very motive of this blog. Here we’ll brief you about the steps that are involved in writing SEO-friendly content for your site.
What exactly do you want to tell your readers through your content? Or what thing would you like for them to know about your product?
It is absolutely ardent that your content clearly conveys the message you wish to promote to your audience regarding your product or services.
Devise a structure for your content
Another important step to write SEO-friendly content is to devise a clear structure for your write-up. A clear structure could include:
- An Introduction: to give a brief about your topic
- Body: This should include the main message/motive of your content.
- Conclusion: to conclude the write up you could summarise the main points of the content briefly.
- Give headings
Headings can do wonders to any content.
Adding a heading or a subheading for your paragraphs can not only help in giving your write-up a more structured look but can also highlight the main points you wish to convey right away.
Language of the content
Always make sure that the level of vocabulary and language you’re using in your content should be simple. It should be such that the readability of the write-up should cater to all kinds of readers be it, avid readers or average readers.
This will automatically increase the audience that reads the content which in turn would garner more attention towards your venture.
Quality of the content
It is of utmost importance to upkeep the quality of your content which not only includes the clarity of expressions in your content but also one should make sure that their content is devoid of any grammatical errors. With the use of various tools, one can make sure the readability of their write-up through a grammatical aspect.
Here you go! These are the major few points that are vital to bear in mind while writing SEO-friendly content for your site or venture.