Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website in 2021
In a country like India, with a humongous dense population, it becomes harder to achieve goals because of all the competition. Especially in terms of employment. There is a stampede for every job position that opens up. This slices your chances to pass even the first round of selection.
So what can you, as a job seeker, do to differentiate yourself from the herd? The answer is to have a portfolio website. Keep reading this website for the portfolio to show up and unfold this procedure along the way.
10 Reasons Why Every Indian Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website?
1. Stand Out of the Crowd
- In the midst of the race for opportunities and jobs, to make an impact you need to give yourself a chance to stand out of the crowd.
- This can be achieved by giving yourself a customized touch. No, I’m not talking about getting a makeover. But even better, a personal portfolio website does the work for every job seeker.
- It increases the professional visibility and the reach as well. Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website.
2. Helps the Recruiter to Find You
- Some people believe that if you are on all the popular social media handles like, Instagram, Facebook. Then, your personal presence on the platforms will help the recruiter to find you and perhaps approach you as well.
- While this is not exactly the truth, 40% of the recruiters are not even on social media. Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website.
- Thus, in those cases having a portfolio website works in the favour of every job seeker who already has one. This is a classic win-win scenario.
3. Highlights your Skill
- A portfolio website is one such tool that can easily highlight your skills. Your extra-curricular activities, past experiences and relevant or additional skills that a recruiter might be looking for.
- This practice can even increase your chances of getting the job you are interested in. Suppose you are a job seeker who is into graphic designing, a web developer or a content writer. Then you can easily increase your chances by portraying your skills on your portfolio website. Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website.
4. Enhances your Recruitment Chance
- When you go ahead and make a portfolio website, this is an action that portrays that you went an extra mile to define yourself for the convenience of the recruiter.
- When any position opens up, it is hardly advertised. The recruiter either looks for recommendations in their own internal organization or from a relative. Sooner or later the position is filled. Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website.
- At the off chance, there is recruitment open for all, hundreds of applications flood in. When a recruiter searches you on google and upon finding your very own well-maintained portfolio website is a game-changer.
5. Control over Information
- Recruiters tend to look into your past, criminal records, and everything that might influence their decision.
- It is better if they hear it from you. Your bio, skills, past experience, hardships, etc. are relevant to a recruiter. Make sure you are transparent and prepared for the selection rounds.
6. Liberty for Creativeness
- A job seeker’s portfolio website must be prepared and ready at all costs. Keep updating it if necessary.
- The way you portray your website will be your first impression on the recruiter. The way you choose your font, color schemes, graphics, and the quality of the content are major factors to increase your chances of recruitment.
7. Digital Portfolio
- A portfolio website allows you to showcase your work in a way where the recruiter can see what you have done.
- It is so much more than a resume or a piece of paper. There are a lot of things that you can do on your portfolio website.
- You cannot only list your skills on your website but, as a job seeker you can also mention about the experiences that you have had in your past along with the proof of what you have actually done.
- For example, as a content writer you can add links to your pieces that you want your recruiter to see and judge you on the basis accordingly.
8. Self Promotion
- A website portfolio allows you to promote yourself as an individual that a recruiter might find perfect for the job opportunity.
- For example, a portfolio website will be customised and tailored according to your taste which gives you the control over how you are perceived by the recruiters. This gives you an edge over other candidates.
- Let’s say if you are a job seeker in the tech industry then it will be very beneficial for you to mention all the experiences that you have had in this field or you can also include all the work that you have done in the past. You can also link your work for a recruiter to look into.
9. More Innovative than a Resume
- It is an undeniable fact that a portfolio website can have so much more impact than a resume.
- A website portfolio is so much more attractive and innovative when compared to a resume.
- It allows you to mention thrice as many things as you can mention on your resume. The recruiter will understand what kind of person that they might be hiring.
- You can keep on editing your website according to your taste or add new experiences or your blog within your own website.
- It never hurts to keep things more dynamic rather than being stagnant. After all, creativity is the need of the hour now.
10. Increases the Reach
- Consider hardly any opening is advertised, a portfolio website helps a job seeker indirectly.
- Almost every person looking for a join grabs the opportunity to add their presence on social media. Here a job seeker with a personal website can easily add the link to their website on their account.
- This gives you a push forward in making an acquaintance that someday will approach you with a job offer. It could be if they follow you or saw your reels and your website. If they are impressed the minute they are aware of any position that you might be interested in, they will text you. That is exact;y how a society works.
- Thus, it increases your reach and connections. Then indirectly enhances your chance to attain a favourable job.
How to create a Portfolio Website?
A portfolio website can be created within 20 minutes. You can easily create, customize and launch your website from Wix, WordPress, Squarespace, etc.
It is very simple to create a website. Just get a unique domain name, customize your website and add the relevant content and then publish it. And it’s that simple! Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website.
What should a Job Seeker’s Portfolio Website Include?
Here are a number of things that you can include in your portfolio website.
1. 3 Main Pages :-
- Such as Home Page, About Me, Contact Page. make sure to include the relevant information.
- Keep the About Me page brief and lively.
- Do not give your address, just the phone no, and mail ID in the contact page.
2. Use of SEO :-
- You should include Search Engine Optimization(SEO) marketing tools on your home page. To allow search in your portfolio it makes it easy for the person viewing your profile.
3. A Purpose :-
- Keep a focu the entire time you are working on the portfolio. Make sure you do not get deviated or leave things in the middle. Try to customize it from the perspective of the recruiter. It’ll make things easier.
4. Work & Experience Proof :-
- Be sure to include your resume, the proof of your past experiences, samples of your work, etc.
- Include all the new initiatives that you took while you were working at your previous job, what problems did you solve, etc.
5. Recommendations :-
- Another thing that will give you an edge will be to have recommendation letters from your past experiences.
- It could be from an authority figure or a colleague as well.
6. Authenticity :-
- Whatever material that you put in your portfolio website should be authentic. Plagiarism is the last thing you want to do if you are a job seeker.
7. Accuracy :-
- One of the worst mistakes you could make is to post content with grammatical errors or unfinished articles. Be sure to proofread your content.
- It will help to get someone else to take a look at your material to get a fresh perspective. This will definitely be a review and enhance your website even further.
Every recruiter wants to hire someone who is the best out of all the other applicants. Creating a website portfolio certainly gives you an edge. It portrays your skillset, experiences, gives the recruiter an insight into your life as a likely employee as well as an individual. Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website.
[sc_fs_faq html=”true” headline=”h4″ img=”16538″ question=”Want to Create a Website Today? | Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website ” img_alt=”” css_class=””] Give a try to our services for free. We provide the best digital marketing services in India. We have available tools for our clients for the following functions: Website and Graphic Designing Web & Design Development, that includes hosting, front and back end development. E-Commerce & CMS services, such as WordPress, Wix and Shopify. Creation of domain and domain mail as well. [/sc_fs_faq]
Job Seeker Should Have a Portfolio Website